Day 63, September 9, 2008,

Updated and pictures posted, September 9, 2008
I couldn't sleep, so I decided to upload some pictures. I think the new pictures go back three or four posts, so you will need to scroll to those dates to see the updated pictures. The pictures I posted from our drive on the South Klondike Highway from Skagway are especially pretty pictures. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as we enjoyed taking them.

Day 63 Continued
September 9, 2008
Brookside RV Park
Cache Creek, BC Canada

We had a beautiful drive today. It was in the 60's and the sun was shining and the road was good. What more can you ask???? Fortunately this RV Park has WiFi and our satellite works, so Carolee and I are happy......................

This part of Canada is totally different than the way we went through on the way to Canada. We all like this side much the best. There are a lot of farmland with cattle and hay fields and a lot of areas where forestry is the main industry. AND the best part of all is Canada has a LOT of old barns. We tried to take pictures, but once again Merrell wasn't into stopping every few miles for us to take pictures. I can't understand why???

I will try to post pictures from the past few days as soon as I can get around to it. I'm too tired tonight.

We may stay here a day or so before we head over the border. It should only take us about 3 hours or so to get there from here. There was a neat little town we passed on the way here that we may go back to tomorrow and do some "touristy" stuff. That is, AFTER I sleep in. We've been getting up early and getting on the road so I want to sleep in tomorrow.

Catch ya later,
Love, US

Here are some of the pictures we took today on the drive to Cache Creek, B.C.



I took this picture out of the window of the motor home, but I think the camera was kind of crooked!!! It is a cute little log church.



This part of Canada had a lot of beautiful fields with cattle and horses and my favorite BARNS!!



Check out this really neat white barn



We stopped in a town called Quesnel in British Columbia, Canada that is known as the city of a million blooms. After seeing these flowers, I know how it got it's name. The huge green plants are Castor Beans. They are beautiful, but poisonous.



Merrell really likes the Castor Bean plants too.


The flower beds at the Visitors Center in Quesnel, B.C. Canada were spectacular. I sure wish I could grow flowers like this.