Day 49-August 26, 2008

Day 49
August 26, 2008
Sourdough Campground, Tok, Alaska

We decided to spend today in R&R. Of course, that means just me and Carolee!! LOL Merrell and Chuck changed some filter thingys on the motor home and I'm not sure what else. Anyway, I guess we are ready to head out of Tok tomorrow. We will cross the Canadian border and go as far as Haines Junction, which is in Canada, tomorrow and spend the night there. The next day, we will probably head down towards Haines, Alaska. We will have to cross the border again to get there. I made a reservation on the Ferry out of Haines taking us to Skagway, Alaska. It's only an hour trip, but saves a lot of driving time and we all want to see Haines and Skagway and we thought we might like the ferry trip. They load the motor home and car onboard and ferry you across to Skagway. I'll probably be hiding my face most of the time they are loading the vehicles. I'm afraid of heights AND water, so this should be an experience and a half for me!!! I couldn't get a ferry out until Monday, Sept. 1st, so we will get to spend our 40th anniversary in Alaska.

While we are in Canada, we won't have cell service and won't have email access unless a campground has free WiFi. If anyone needs us, just email or leave a cell message and we'll get back to you when we can. I'm still having problems with my AT&T laptop connect card, but hopefully it will all be resolved by the time we get to Washington State. While in Canada, we will just have to try and find campgrounds with free wifi if we need or want to get online.

Anyway, it has been a nice restful day. We watched Hillary's speech to the democratic convention. She actually did a really good job. We watched Michelle Obama's speech too and I thought she did an outstanding job considering all of the hoopla that has surrounded her for the past few months. The reason we watched is because we only get one channel here and it was either that or NOTHING!! Teeheehee

It turned out to be a nice day today. It got up into the 60's. It was cold this morning. I think it was 47. Thank goodness for heaters................................

Well, I think we're going to put a movie in to watch. Nothing much on the CHANNEL!!! It's 8:13 here and for most of you it's after midnight. It's still staying daylight until really late and gets daylight very early. I really like the dark blinds at the windows. :>)

Good nite and I'll be in touch when we get somewhere...........................


Love, ME