Day 45-August 22, 2008

Day 45
August 22, 2008
Ship Creek RV Park, Anchorage Alaska

Howard called this afternoon and he was about an hour's drive from home. It was quiet here today. We missed him!!! :>)

We played lazy today and tried to catch up on some stuff that needed done. Carolee did laundry and I cleaned house (well motor home). Then I tried to catch up on paying bills and getting organized. I got most of my list done and the rest can wait for another day. Carolee did some sewing on quilts this afternoon while I was doing my thing. Merrell and Chuck caught the trolley and went uptown for awhile and then they did some "catch up" stuff after they got back.

We just finished dinner/supper and are watching another installment of Centennial. Only two more installments to go. After that, I want to start on the Roots series. I haven't watched it in several years.

The car didn't get fixed today. Maybe tomorrow and then again, maybe Monday. It's no big deal. We are enjoying the time here and are not in any hurry. The main thing is that it gets fixed right.

Well, I think that is all the news for today. No pictures to post or anything. How boring!!!! I guess I could take a picture of all of us in our jammies, kicked back watching the boob tube!! Teeheehee

The temperature today got up to 63 and it quit raining. I hope it stays this way for awhile. The Alaska State fair is going on now. I think it started yesterday. It's in Palmer, close to where we went to see Uncle George Johnson's friends. If we get the car back and have the time, I would like to go one day. They supposedly grow some of the largest vegetables you will ever see. I'm not sure if they will be as good this year or not. Everyone has told us this has been the coolest, wettest summer they have had in years. It's been great touring weather because it hasn't been hot and miserable like you expect in August. We've even been really lucky and haven't had a lot of rain in our travels.

Catch ya later,
Love, US