Day 35-August 12, 2008

August 12, 2008
Day 35
Drive from Valdez to Anchorage, Alaska
Ship Creek RV Park

We left Valdez this morning and didn't get to the campground until around 10 p.m.. We had to stop at a WalMart (of course) and do some grocery shopping and get some prescriptions filled.
It was a pretty bumpy ride for a lot of the way here. Frost heaves and road construction. The road from Wasilla (where WalMart is) to Anchorage is a great road. I think that's the fastest we've gone since we left Calgary, Canada!! LOL
It's much prettier here in Anchorage than it was for most of the way from the time we left Valdez. Parts of the area around Palmer and Wasilla reminded us of parts of WV. Palmer is where my Great Uncle George Johnson lived. He was in a nursing home there when he died in 1995. I think we are going to drive down to that area and see if I can find the cemetery where he is buried. At least that is the plan.
I took pictures on the way here but haven't had time to load them on the computer. If I have any special ones show up when I load them on, I will post them later.

Catch ya later.