Day 91, October 7, 2008

Day 91
October 7, 2008
Williams, AZ
Famous Rt. 66

We went for a mini tour of Williams this morning. First we went to a quilt shop so Carolee could get a fix. She has been going through withdrawal because we haven't been to one in awhile. LOL

After that we got put in Jail!!! I shot a Sheriff...................... Well, it was only with my camera for Pete's sake. He was just sitting there looking all Sherrify, so I just SHOT him. Teeheehee Merrell and Carolee look kind of happy to be in Jail, but I personally think I look miserable, don't you????? :>) Chuck didn't get put in jail. I guess he was out on the street at the time the crime occured. Good thing because he had to bail us out. He begged and pleaded and we finally got out AFTER the sheriff took a bull whip to ME................. Giggle giggle snicker snort!!!



Doesn't he look real SHERRIFY?????



Check out the bull whip!!! I was next in line after this gent. I think he was only a horse thief!! The bull whip was the first man made thing that broke the sound barrier!!! Hurts too!! LOL



Don't I look really, really miserable???


Carolee looks pretty happy about being in jail, doesn't she??



Merrell looks pretty happy too. Looks like he's settled in for the long haul!!! Maybe he's anticipating those famous jail meals. Teeheehee


Carolee was so happy that Chuck got us out of jail that she was acting all cuddely with Chuck!!
:>)


I was pretty happy to be free again!!! After I recuperated from my time in jail, we decided to go out to lunch. Guess what? I GOT MY KICKS ON ROUTE 66!! We went to a 1950's soda shop and restaurant. Complete with 50's music, soda fountain and red bar stools with black and white checker board floor!!! It was toooooooo Kewl!!



1955 or 1956 (we couldn't tell which) Pink Crown Victoria with 20,000 miles on the odometer. This is at the Twister 1950's soda shop and restaurant in Williams, AZ on Rt. 66.





Donna and Carolee dreaming about owning one of these!!!! Wouldn't we look "cool" driving down the road in one of these??? One can dream, can't one??




Carolee with the pink Crown Victoria we were all drooling over!!!





Carolee and Donna sitting on the red bar stools at the soda fountain.




You CANNOT be at a soda fountain without ordering sundae's and shakes, right?? Carolee is really enjoying her sundae.




This is the soda counter in Twister's Soda Fountain



I HAD to help Carolee eat her sundae............... :>)



I was in seventh heaven having my strawberry shake in a coca cola glass!!!

From here we're heading to Queen Creek, AZ which is below Phoenix. We'll be visiting our friends and Carolee's grandaughter and her family.

We made it to Queen Creek. We are staying at the Queen Creek RV park. I called Sabrina and told her we were in town and she came right over. We have known her since she was a little girl and she's kind of our adopted daughter. It was so good to see her. She has been in the Phoenix
area since she graduated from high school. She and her husband Greg Yost bought a house in Queen Creek and they both work at the same place. Greg was in Pennsylvania, so we didn't get to meet him. He had a death in his family so he flew home and wasn't coming back until this weekend.

Donna, Sabrina and Merrell



Catch ya later,
Love, US