Day 107, 108, 109, 110 and 111, October 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27, 2008

Day 107, 108, 109, 110 and 111
October 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27, 2008


We have been so busy traveling and visiting that I haven't had time to post for several days, so I am going to try to give you a rundown of where we have been and where we are going.

Day 107
October 23, 2008
Cloverdale RV Park
Cloverdale, IN

We drove from Forrest City, Arkansas to Cloverdale, Indiana today. Poor Merrell. :>( He drove about 450 miles in the rain. It rained all day. I think he was pretty tired by the time we stopped. We fixed hamburgers and french fries because it was fast and filling and we were all pretty tired by that time. It rained so much we couldn't get any good pictures. We tried, but the windows had so much rain on them that it just wouldn't work. The bad part is that the area we were coming through had so many beautiful BARNS!!!! I saw a couple of barns that would have made wonderful homes. They were even NATURALLY air conditioned!! (As in holes in the boards or missing boards) :>)

Day 108
October 24, 2008
Drove fromm Cloverdale, IN to Walbridge, OH

Another day of rain!!! We left the campground around 9:30 a.m. and drove to Lacy and Jerri's in Walbridge, OH. I think we got there around 4 p.m.. Once again it was too rainy to take pictures, so we missed some more beautiful barns and colorful trees. It's so good to finally see green fields and colorful trees. Jerri had fixed a big pot of vegetable soup and cornbread which tasted awfully good on a cold dreary day. Several of her kids and grandkids came over to visit and before we knew it, it was bedtime.

Day 109
October 25, 2008
Walbridge, OH

We just sat around and visited during the day today. Jerri's kids and grandkids came over to visit again. Chuck and Carolee went to see their grandchildren and all those wonderful new great grandchildren!!! They all live over in the area that Chuck and Carolee used to live.
Tamra ordered pizza for us and I had a FIRST in the pizza line. I had NEVER heard of ranch/chicken pizza. Believe it or not, it's really, really good. It has ranch dressing on the crust (lots of it) and then they put shredded chicken, crumbled bacon, tomatoes and lots of CHEESE!!! Merrell and I both really liked it, so I may try to make it at home.
Lacy and Jerri had a wedding to go to at 4 and then we all went to a bluegrass gospel sing at their friend's church in Luckey, OH. We heard some wonderful music and had some yum yum refreshments afterwards. We didn't get back to Jerri's until close to 10 p.m., so it wasn't long before we hit the sack. Carolee stayed with the grandkids, but Chuck came back and spent the night with us in the RV. His shingles are still giving him fits, but they are starting to dry up some now.


Jerri and Lacy's daughter Caitlin on the left and their grand daughter Lindsey on the right.



Merrell and Lacy in their favorite positions. :>)



Jerri, Caitlin and Lacy are all decked out for the "wedding" at their church!!!





Frankie, Frank and Tara (Jerri and Lacy's daughter, husband and their son). Somehow I missed getting a picture of their daughter Alyssa.

Tamra and Ken's daughter Emily giving me "THE LOOK".



Jeffrey (Jerri's son) Emily bowling (Wii game) Dane, Jeffrey's son sitting in the background patiently waiting his turn and Lacy giving his expert instructions on the game of bowling!!! LOL




Jerri's daughter Tamra and her daughter Emily. This picture was taken at Jackie's house.


Jerri's grand daughter Sara (Tamra's daughter).

Somehow or other I missed getting Traci's picture. I'll have to save that for another time I guess. Sorry Traci!!!

Day 110
October 26, 2008
Walbridge, OH

We went to church with Lacy and Jerri this morning. They go to a really nice, small church. The people were super friendly and the minister preached (not really preached, he talked to us) a really good sermon. After church we went back to the house and fixed a quick lunch. Jerri fixed pork chops and mashed potatoes, gravey and green beans and I made a couple pans of biscuits. After lunch, I rode to Delta (where Carolee's Jackie lives) with Tamra, Ken and Emily to see Carolee's family. They all met at Jackies with the babies, so I got to see them all in one place. We had a wonderful visit with all of them and Jackie's Mom Val and Val's grandmother. She is 87 and doesn't look a day over 70. I told her I hope I inherit her wonderful skin!!! Teeheehee


Well, let me see if I can get this straight. What a bunch of grand children and great grandchildren!!! Beginning on the left is Jackie, Wayne's daughter. She is holding her daughter Olivia. Next is Carolee holding Miley on her right and Violet on her left. Miley is Filippo's daughter and Violet is Heathers'. Next is Heather holding Cooper, Jackie's son and last but not least is Filippo holding Mason, who is Miley's half brother.



Carolee with her Great Grandchildren. She is holding Miley (Filippo's daughter) on her right and Violet (Heather's daughter) on her left. Standing behind her is Olivia, Jackie's daughter and Jackie's son Cooper is in the seat at her feet. Mason is the little boy standing in front of her.


Carolee's grand daughter Jackie (Wayne's daughter) holding Filippo's daughter Miley.



Val's great grandmother and Jackie's daughter Olivia. Don't you just love her "pony tails"?



Filippo's daughter Miley. She has the most beautiful eyes!!!!



Val (Jackie's Mom) and Olivia feeding her BABY!!!! Mason is the one in the very front with his back turned.

Tamra and Ken had taken Emily to a birthday party, so they came back and picked us up and took us back to Jerri's so Chuck wouldn't have to come get us. After we got back there, Lacy ordered more of that wonderful Pizza and of course, I had to have a piece of the chicken/ranch!! It was just as good as I remembered. :>) Time passed so fast that before we knew it, everyone had to leave because of school/work in the morning. The closer it comes to our trip being over, the faster time is passing. It's so hard to believe that we only have a couple more days before we get home. I figured I would be the only one that was sad about it, but I think we all have the same feelings. We had anticipated and planned for our trip for so long and we have enjoyed it so much that we can't help but be sad that it is almost over. I know it will be wonderful to be back home and see all of our friends and family and sleep in a KING SIZE BED!!!! Teeheehee BUT, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat if I could afford it. It's been amazing, marvelous, wondrous, beautiful and all of the other words I can't think of right now. :>)

We are pulling out in the morning and will go as far as the Charleston area. We hope to connect up with Aunt Sue and Uncle Pete and spend the night there and then head on home Tuesday evening. It will only take about 2 1/2 hours from their house. Our son Andy and his family will be there when we get home. They are going there today and crank up the heat so our house will be all warm and toasty when we get home.

Day 111
October 27, 2008
Left Walbridge, OH driving to Hurricane, WV

We left Lacy and Jerri's around 11 this morning. By the time we fueled up and filled our propane tank at the local Flying J, it was around 11:30. Merrell wants to drive through the farming country so I could see my BARNS!!

It's a nice day for driving. At least it's not raining. It's in the 40's and kind of hazy and it's sprinkled rain a couple of times, but it didn't really rain any. At least not yet!! We are driving through farming country right now and we have seen a gazillion barns and I've already run the battery down on my camera. I have one of those docks to put it on to recharge, so I'm charging it now using the inverter. When I see a barn, I grab the camera off of the dock and take a picture and put it back on to charge some more. Teeheehee
There are still some pretty trees in spots. A lot of them have already lost their leaves, but we have seen a few really pretty red maples.



Old abandoned house on our drive from Walbridge, OH to Hurricane, WV. I like the old two story farm houses and wish that more of them could be saved. We are losing our history one abandoned house at a time!!


I also love the little country churches that are fast being replaced by the large "town" churches. They call it progress.............................


This is one of the wonderful barns we saw on the drive through Ohio. I think Ohio had more barns overall than anywhere we have been.






Another Ohio Barn






And yet another Ohio barn.

It was a beautiful drive between Walbridge and Hurricane and you couldn't get tired when there were so many awesome BARNS to see!!!

We got to Aunt Sue and Uncle Pete's house fairly late in the evening and spent the rest of the time "jawing" as they used to call it. I just call it "catching up". Their son Charles Ronald (or Charlie as he is now know) brought his children up to visit with us for awhile. Derek, Rebekah and Loren (I hope I spelled their names right). I thought I took pictures of them, but I thought WRONG!! LOL That's for next time, I guess.

We're leaving by tomorrow afternoon, so the end of our trip is getting closer and closer!!

Catch ya later,
Love, US