Day 89, October 5, 2008

Day 89
October 5, 2008
Drove from Gorman, CA to Williams, AZ

We left the RV park about 9 this morning and arrived at the Grand Canyon RV Park in Williams, AZ about 6 p.m.. Needless to say, we are all tired and are going to hit the sack early tonight. We're taking the train to the Canyon rim in the morning. The RV park has a shuttle service to the train station, so that will make it easier. It's supposed to take 2 1/2 hours to get there and we'll have about 3 hours or so at the rim and then 2 1/2 hours back. I hope the weather is good. It's pretty chilly here now. We'll probably have to wear layers tomorrow and take off and put on as needed. That paints a pretty picture, doesn't it?? LOL

We had beans, cornbread and onions for supper. I cooked the beans yesterday before we went into Valencia because I knew we would not want to spend much time cooking after traveling 9 hours. Supper is over and Carolee did the dishes and now it's relax time. I'm lying on the bed with my feet up on a pillow and the laptop on my stomach and watching tv. What a life............ Teeheehee

Merrell and Chuck are watching a football game and I'm watching Desperate Houswives and Brothers and Sisters (computering during commercials). Carolee is surfing the internet and E-Baying. LOL

I'm not sure how many pictures I got today that will be worth posting. I can't say that the part of California and most of the Arizona that we drove through is pretty. It was really, really brown and more of the long straight roads with NOTHING as far as the eye could see. It did start getting prettier the closer we got to Williams, AZ. At least we started seeing green trees and a few cattle in the brown fields. :>) I'm too tired to download the pictures tonight, so I will try to do that tomorrow night after we get back to the campground.

Have a good one,
Love, US