Day 87, October 3, 2008

Day 87
October 3, 2008
Pyramid Lake RV Resort
Gorman, CA

We left Three Rivers this morning and drove to Gorman, CA and stopped at an RV park. Carolee has a friend in Valencia, which is about 25 miles from here. She hasn't seen her for about 50 years. Her name is Delores Shrewsbury Ortiz. She has lived out here for years, but she used to live close to Grandma Lively and she and Carolee became bestest friends. Delores (Lorie) moved out here before they graduated and Carolee hasn't seen her since. She came out about an hour after we got to the RV Park and Carolee went home with her and I think they are going to have a Jammy Party. LOL I would like to be a fly on the wall while they are playing catch up, wouldn't you??

My cousin Colleen Lively Hartsock also lives a couple of hours drive from where we are staying, so we are going to meet her and her husband Jim and daughter Beth tomorrow evening for dinner in the Valencia area. We will probably head towards the Grand Canyon sunday morning.

I forgot to tell you that yesterday evening after we finished touring Sequoia National Park, we went to Strathmore. CA and had dinner with Madeline Frantz and her daughter Ginny. Madeline and I had been in contact via email regarding genealogy "stuff" for quite awhile. She was married to Merrell's cousin Gaylord Frantz. Gaylord was the son of Noah and Elfie Shawver Frantz (Uncle Roy Shawver's sister). Anyway, she fixed us a wonderful home cooked dinner and we had lots of laughs and good conversation. I hated to leave, but we have less than a month before our trip is over and still lots of places to go and people to see.

We also watched the debate last night. I thought they both did a pretty good job. I sure wish they would just speak about their positions and what they plan to do and how they intend to do it without all of the finger pointing and blame game. If we would look back at each presidential term for the past 50 years (and longer, I'm sure) each party has made mistakes and I don't believe one party has made too many more mistakes than the other. I also don't believe that one party alone got us to where we are today. The blame has to be shared equally amongst both parties and by "we the people" for our inattention to what goes on at each level of our government, beginning with our local government. I didn't mean to get into a political mode, but my fingers just started hitting the keys and I couldn't stop!!! Teeheehee That's my political sermon for tonight. Well, just one more thing. Please vote. No matter who you vote for, it's important to make your voice heard. Now, I'm through.................................

It was much cooler today than yesterday. I think it was in the mid 70's today. It's actually pretty cool right now. It's 9:30 p.m. here and the air is really chilly coming through the bedroom window. May have to close it before long.

I will try to post pictures of everyone when I get back to a strong internet connection.

Catch ya later,
Love, US