Day Five-July 13, 2008


We met Dale at his house and he guided us to his church, the Troy Presbyterian Church. It is brick and was built in the 1850's and has some wonderful stained glass windows. The ceiling in the sanctuary is wooden and has huge laminated beams. It is a beautiful church and we felt right at home there. So many nice people. We sang "The Dream" for Dale. The church has some great singers and musicians. They sang several songs I had not heard before. The minister is young and does a wonderful job speaking from the heart. We really enjoyed our visit to their church. I wish I had taken a picture of it before we left, but I totally forgot. Jim and Linda also attend that church, so we were able to visit with them again. Chuck, Angie and Olivia also joined us.
After the service, we all went out for lunch at an italian restaurant that is in an old Catholic church. Chuck and Angie went to get Jen's Mom Charlotte and brought her to join us for lunch. We all went back to Dale's and Jen's sister Sandy came over to visit for awhile. Of course Merrell had to sing and play for Charlotte since she was unable to attend church this morning.
We invited them all to come up to the campground for a weenie roast tonight. Chuck and his family couldn't come, but the rest of the group said they would be there. I guess I have to tell you how tacky I am. We invited them for the cookout, but Jen ended up bringing the food. She said she already had it on hand and told me not to go buy hot dogs and all the fixings. We had a great time around the campfire with lots of music and food.