Day 22-July 30, 2008,

Crossing into Canada from Montana

July 30, 2008


Barns, barns and more barns!!!

























Looks comfy, huh?










Chuck checking out the back of his eyelids







Beautiful fields in Canada


We left the Lewis and Clark campground in Shelby, Montana this morning. We didn't have any trouble crossing the border. They just looked at our passports, asked a few questions and let us go on our merry way. When we first crossed into Canada at the Sweetgrass, Montana border crossing, it looked exactly like Montana. The further we drove, the greener it got. I loved it because there are a lot of barns and I LOVE barns. I took as many pictures of them as I could. A lot of them were too far from the road to be able to get a good picture of them. And, it's hard to get good pictures going FAST down the road. I don't understand why men don't think it's important to slow WAY down when their wives want to take pictures of barns!!!! :>)
I also sneaked a picture of Carolee and Chuck checking out the backside of their eyelids. I guess you can only look at so many big fields without getting sleepy!! I was sitting upfront with Merrell trying to be his navigator, but I'm not the best choice in the world for that position. I have absolutely NO sense of direction. I am learning how to read a map though. Slowly, but surely.
We went through Calgary, which is a large city and drove almost to Banff, which is supposed to be a really nice town with beautiful views. We stopped beside the road at a river and decided to camp here for the night. The wind blew really hard most of the day, even though it was sunny and beautiful. It was only in the 60's today, which was quite a difference from Wyoming and Montana. The wind is still blowing and it occasionally gusts and rocks the motor home a bit. I'm lying on the bed looking out the window at the river. What a life, huh???
Tomorrow we are heading on towards Alaska, but will stop if we see something we want to explore.
Catch ya later